HOW DO I BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN?
To apply for naturalization to become a U.S. citizen, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time you file the application
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for the past three or five years (depending on which naturalization category you are applying under)Have continuous residence and physical presence in the United States
- Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
- Demonstrate good moral character
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government
- Demonstrate a loyalty to the principles of the U.S. Constitution
- and Be willing to take the Oath of Allegiance.
Our attorneys at HAWM Law are ready, experienced and committed to helping immigrants at any stage of the US immigration process. You do not have to struggle through this process alone. Call us at 407-802-3223 or schedule your consultation today.